This is a simple utility for archlinux that keeps the mirror list up-to-date.
pacman-mirrorlist updates it's always a pain to have to pick out which servers exactly you want. And the archlinux project provides a nice Pacman Mirrorlist Generator. This utility uses that generator to automatically update the mirror list every time
pacman-mirrorlist is updated.
I've provided a
PKGBUILD through which it can be installed:
It will install the executable, configuration file, and pacman hook into the proper locations so that after it will always be called automatically.
You can also install it by adding my repository:
[ryuslash] SigLevel = Optional TrustAll Server = https://ryuslash.org/repo/x86_64
And then run
pacman -Sy update-mirrors to install it.
Note that my repository currently isn't signed, plus I'm just a random guy on the internet. I don't expect anyone to actually use this, but if you do, do so with caution and at your own risk.
There are a few configuration options. The configuration file
etc/xdg/update-mirrors/config.sh is just a regular shell script sourced by the
- A string. The base URL for archlinux's mirrorlist generator. You probably don't have to change this. Default:
- An array of strings. Which countries you want to include mirrors from. You will probably want to change this. Default:
- An array of strings. Which protocols to include. Available protocols are
- An array of numbers. Which IP versions to include in the mirrorlist. Available versions are
- The string “on” or empty. Turning this on will make the generator filter the list of mirrors by the mirror score from the Mirror Status page. Default:
- A string, a file path. Where to write the result to. You probably don't have to change this. Default: